No matter your age, you can still significantly benefit from playing a jigsaw puzzle. If you are a jigsaw puzzle lover, you are probably wondering how you can play it like a pro. Well, the good news is that there are tips that can help you play a jigsaw puzzle-like a pro.
In this article, we give you these tips. Without wasting more time, let’s delve into them.
1. Know the perfect size jigsaw puzzle for you
For adults, a 500-piece jigsaw puzzle is an ideal size to start with. From there you can then upgrade to more challenging jigsaws such as 750 and 1000 piece jigsaws. The 500-piece jigsaw is perfect since it won’t overwhelm or intimidate you in solving it, especially if you are a newbie.
2. Pick the right brand
There are numerous jigsaw puzzle brands that you can choose from. It is no secret that some brands are more popular than others. When it comes to choosing brands, you should choose a brand or version that has larger pieces. Thankfully, reputable brands are known to produce strong and large pieces.
3. Sort out the right space for playing your jigsaw puzzle
Remember that your jigsaw puzzle space is equally important. You need to determine if you want to permanently set up your jigsaw or if you want to work in a shared room where the jigsaw puzzle will be removed afterward.
4. Start your first jigsaw puzzle
You have now picked the right jigsaw puzzle for you, the next step, which is pretty much exciting, is to start assembling your jigsaw puzzle. To arrange your jigsaw puzzle pieces, you need to:
- Separate the corner and edge pieces. This step is essential because it provides you with a frame that you can work with.
- Flip all the pieces up so that you can easily see the colors and patterns. This makes it easier to pick the pieces out of the box as you arrange the puzzle.
- Arrange the edge pieces according to shape. Of course, arranging the edge pieces according to shape will make it easier and faster to put the entire edge together.
- Pay attention to the design as it can help you know the artwork. Being familiar with the design can help you, especially when you are searching for specific shapes.
- Fill in the edges. Once your edges are complete, it is time now to start filling in the center of the pieces inside the frame or inside the border you have created.
- Keep it fresh. Of course, solving a jigsaw puzzle is not that easy. You may feel worn out in the process. So if you feel worn out or you notice that you are taking longer now to find the pieces that fit, it means that you now need to take a break. Remember that arranging a jigsaw puzzle requires fresh eyes and a fresh mind to it successfully.